Friday, 27 May 2016

A Little Life Update

How Y'all Doing?

Ayup!! I'm back!! It's been a while, I know, but in my defence, I had mocks, then I forgot my email for this account, then I remembered it, then I got ill, then I lost my short term memory, and now I have finally remembered again. 

So this post is just going to be telling you what's been happening since January. 


In February, I turned 16. I remember being 11 and looking up at all the Year 11s thinking how mature and old they were, and now I'm there, I'm shocked at how young I feel. I thought I would have sorted out my life and have a set out plan for everything but now, but no. Instead I'm still finding out how many marshmallows I can fit in my gob, the correct way to tie a tie and how to perfect winged eyeliner. *if someone could teach me I would be very grateful* 
I think nowadays, the "cool" thing to do is "grow up" fast. There are 12 year old girls walking around with eyebrows like slugs and faces like pies, and boys who wear snapbacks, attempting to flex in front of the mirror but really just showing their twiggy arms and pale skin, all with brand new iPhone 6S+'s bigger than their heads, and designer bags they probably acquired by having a tantrum and refusing to eat until they got it (not all the time, yes, but a lot). It was only 4/5 years ago and the thought of filling eyebrows and wanting a toned body hadn't even passed my mind, yet now it's second nature. Society has changed so much in such a short amount of time that the need to impress everyone surrounding us has become more prominent, and I am guilty of that, no doubt. I used to swear at everything because I thought it was 'cool', I would straighten my hair because everyone had straight hair, and I would be ashamed at a single blemish that appeared on my face. Now though, I couldn't care less what people think about me. What you see is what you get. 

March and April have been pretty stressful and boring, with a mix of revision and prom dress shopping. As someone who would rather wear leggings, a jumper and a pair of uggs than dress to impress wearing heals even Kate Middleton would struggle to walk in, the thought of prom is rather daunting. I absolutely hate shopping. I went out for a day looking for dresses with my Aunty and Mom, and I would rather die than do it again. Following that day, I only did online shopping. Risky, I know, but if it didn't fit, it went back, and if it did, I kept it for comparison for the next one. However, now I believe I have found the dress. I might do a proper blogpost on my prom outfit and everything, but emphasis on the word might. The dress is maxi, plain dark blue and incredibly cheap and I love it. I just need to get some accessories, shoes and what not and then I'll be done. 

The end of April and whole of May has been incredibly unordinary. I had a meningitis jab and reacted badly to it, leading me to be in hospital for six days. But that's another story for another time. 
My life has been pretty boring really, not much has happened and I promise my next posts will be better. Haha. 

Good luck to everyone doing their exams at the moment. It's a stressful time for all of us but they'll soon be over and then we can have a wild summer and let loose for 11 weeks. 
I'll do a post about exams too, guaranteed. I'll aim for that to be up by the end of next week.

Have a lovely day!

Adios Amigos 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment