Tuesday, 9 May 2017

My Smoothie Recipe 001

So I kind of realised that I haven't posted on here for a while. I've been doing a lot of homework and revision, trying to stay healthy, sleeping eight hours a night, whilst also attempting to maintain a social life. Anyone who's gone through the "exam period" knows what I'm on about.
I have managed to maintain a form of healthiness as I intended to do, and I've become a champion of procrastination by creating a load of detox smoothies and waters. My favourite ones I will, of course, share with you guys in time, but most of them still taste like chilled fruity liquid acid used for medicinal purposes, so I'm sure you'll understand why I'm not quite prepared to share them just yet.

This however, is one that I just whipped up today. It was about 20*C in England, and that means that everyone is outside having BBQs and lathering on the sun cream, playing volleyball in the garden and drinking cocktails, so keeping with the rest of the UK, I made myself a nice refreshing smoothie. I didn't have very high hopes for this as I made it on a whim, but it turns out it tasted pretty darn good, so this one I will be sharing after all.

You will need:
                        1 small bowl of frozen raspberries
                        1 small bowl of red seedless grapes
                        1/2 a banana
                        1 cup of Apple and Elderflower juice
                        2 ice cubes
                        some form of blender
                        a glass



It's pretty simple really, just shove all the ingredients into the blender; the raspberries, the grapes, the banana, the cup of apple and elderflower juice and the ice. By this point, the mix should look like this



BLENDBLENDBLENDBLENDBLENDadd the ice about nowBLENDBLENDBLENDBLENDBLEND

Pour in to a glass and it should come out like this...



If you follow this recipe, I wouldn't bother with the straws. They're pretty pointless and raspberry seeds and grape skins just get stuck in it. I guess in hind sight I could have put the smoothie through a sieve or something but if it bothers you that much, you can do it yourself.

Oh, and also the flower is for decorative purposes only. It wasn't part of the finished product and I doubt it would taste very good... it may also be poisonous but who am I to know these things?

Anyway, that's me done for now,
Hope you enjoy,

Adios Amigos 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment